The world is a diverse place. We come in many different shapes and sizes and have different beliefs. Diversity is good. Embrace it. (Amy Macdonald)

HomePortailFAQSearchCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

All articles published in the press

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chuppachups
Youth Of Today
Youth Of Today

PostSubject: Re: All articles published in the press   7/18/2015, 9:58 pm

I wondered : does Amy know this forum ? I hope so ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DJFanch29
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: All articles published in the press   7/18/2015, 6:13 pm

Chuppachups wrote:
I mean... I told about the ones on the other page, the ones about her cars and money, the ones about music side properly are great Very Happy
Totally agree ! This is that we try to do here ! Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.amymacdonald-forum.net
Chuppachups
Youth Of Today
Youth Of Today

PostSubject: Re: All articles published in the press   7/18/2015, 3:11 pm

I mean... I told about the ones on the other page, the ones about her cars and money, the ones about music side properly are great Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chuppachups
Youth Of Today
Youth Of Today

PostSubject: Re: All articles published in the press   7/18/2015, 3:09 pm

I don't like all those articles, they're only about money, and cars, Shocked and I love Amy Macdonald for her music, and I don't really care if she has a big luxury house and a collection of racing cars...She does wonderfull songs and has an incredible voice that I'll always love, but definietly, I hate those articles.
http://www.1001-vote
Back to top Go down
Vhazza
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: All articles published in the press   3/22/2015, 2:35 am

Just going to quote from an article that may raise some interesting points:

===================
Equally sensitive is the call to singer Amy Macdonald, pictured, who just moved to a new record label and is also under pressure not to make a political statement. Amy is a passionate Yes supporter and tells me the proudest moment of her life was belting out Flower of Scotland before a Scotland game at Hampden Park.
=====================

Original article:http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/alex-salmond-recalls-mortonhall-scandal-in-book-1-3724768

Regards
Vhari x

DJFanch29
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: All articles published in the press   2/24/2015, 10:46 pm

To be honest I don't really know what to think. She always said what she thought, even if this won't please to everyone.

Back to top Go down
Vhazza
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: All articles published in the press   2/24/2015, 6:21 pm

saw this last night and all I could think was 'if you play with fire you're going to get burned'

Regards
Vhari x
Back to top Go down
https://handmadebyvscot.etsy.com
DJFanch29
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: All articles published in the press   2/24/2015, 6:15 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
DJFanch29
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: All articles published in the press   2/23/2015, 10:43 pm

Utter c**p': Amy Macdonald hits back at Stan Collymore as Rangers sectarian singing row escalates

Back to top Go down
Ezio
Young Lover
Young Lover

PostSubject: Re: All articles published in the press   12/1/2014, 5:49 pm

beautiful!!

but...very old photos!!
Back to top Go down
Vhazza
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: All articles published in the press   11/30/2014, 9:57 pm

Well, here's 'real world' photos lol

Regards
Vhari x
Back to top Go down
DJFanch29
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: All articles published in the press   11/30/2014, 7:34 pm

Vhazza wrote:
Meant to post images of it this this morning. For those wondering, the article comes from the in10 magazine from the Sunday Post  Cheer

Regards
Vhari x
Yes indeed ! Wink

Back to top Go down
Vhazza
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: All articles published in the press   11/30/2014, 7:24 pm

Meant to post images of it this this morning. For those wondering, the article comes from the in10 magazine from the Sunday Post  Cheer

Regards
Vhari x
Back to top Go down
DJFanch29
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: All articles published in the press   11/30/2014, 6:15 pm

Amy MacDonald during the Opening Ceremony of the 40th Ryder Cup at Gleneagles on September 25, 2014 in AuchterarderGetty Images
Scots singer Amy Macdonald has had a huge year. She performed in front of a global audience of more than one billion at the Opening Ceremony of the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow.
Then she took to the stage with an all-star cast at the gala concert to kick-off the Ryder Cup. Here, she lets us in to her ten guidelines for living...
1. Try to exercise every day
It makes me feel much better and clearer. A brisk walk daily, in rain, hail or shine is brilliant. I have a dog, Arnie, and he loves being outside. It makes me happy just watching him run around with his tongue hanging out.
I absolutely love dogs. My sister and I desperately wanted one when we were kids and I remember coming into the living room on Christmas morning 1991 and seeing a little face peeking over the side of a cardboard box. He was a miniature schnauzer pup and we named him Jackson after our favourite singer.
2. Never bottle up your feelings
I’ve learned from doing this job that if you don’t tell people exactly how you feel you can get pushed down a road you don’t want to be on. And don’t sit on the fence. I hate it when people go through life without having an opinion on anything. If you passionately believe, speak out. But don’t ever get upset by what Twitter says. Social media is a great tool but it attracts a lot of idiots. I’ve had my fair share of abuse from folk and I’ve learned not to dwell on it.
3. Music is at the heart of everything
From the earliest days I remember dancing in my bedroom to The Beach Boys. Their Greatest Hits was the first album I owned and it was a present from my nana. The first album I bought for myself was The Man Who by Travis. I recall hearing Why Does It Always Rain On Me? on the radio and I just wanted to hear more. That album inspired me to play guitar.
And my first concert was in 1992. It was Michael Jackson at Wembley stadium. My mum had managed to get tickets. I don’t remember that much but my sister and I both got T-shirts – and its only now 20-odd years later that it finally fits me!
4. Spend as much time as possible with people who make you laugh
I am so lucky that I have so many amazing people in my life. I have great friends and family and I also get to tour with some of the most fantastic people. I feel very lucky and I definitely seem to laugh every single day.
But don’t be afraid to cry either. I’m a very emotional person. I used to think it was bad and bottled it up but now I really appreciate how much better you feel by just letting it all out. I cry a few times a week.
5. It’s nice to be nice
I treat every single person I meet with respect. I hear so many stories of artists who treat people like rubbish and it doesn’t sit well with me at all. I don’t see myself as any different to anyone else.
6. You can’t take it with you!
I like to splurge out. I am sensible and save for the future, but you only live once. I love nothing more than treating those closest to me. I know they would do the same thing if they were in my position. And there’s no better way to splash out than on my love of cars. It’s one of my biggest passions and one of my favourite TV shows is Top Gear. It was incredible when I was invited on to take the “reasonably priced car” round the track.
It’s a memory I will have for ever. I was the quickest female they have ever had and only 0.02 seconds behind Tom Cruise. I was quicker than him during the day but only during the practice laps so it didn’t count!
There’s always next time.
7. Learn as you go
My first shot at fame was taking part in my school talent show. I played guitar and sang a song by Dido. I won in front of the whole school and it was a real adrenalin buzz. I started to perform outside of school when I was around 15. I’d go down to a bar – the Brunswick Cellars in Sauchiehall Street – on a Saturday afternoon and take part in the open mic. I met my managers, Pete and Sarah, when I was 17. I’d spend weekends at their house in Surrey and we’d record my songs and turn them into polished demos. When I first signed a contract I was only 18 and I did feel overwhelmed. Luckily I learned the best thing is to be honest.
8. Love life’s surprises
Recognition still surprises me. It’s so strange to become known and to see that what you’ve been doing is actually out there in public. I released my first album in 2007 when I was 19. I remember going into a supermarket and seeing my CD on the shelf – it was the strangest feeling.
My first No 1. was in The Netherlands. My single This Is The Life had started to get airplay across Europe and the Netherlands was where it began. I was playing a festival called Pinkpop and the song was having such great success that they had to open up the sides of the tent I was performing in as there were so many people waiting outside. It was then, and still is, amazing.
9. What’s for you won’t pass you by
My nana always used to live by this motto. And I think she was right. I try not to get too disheartened if something doesn’t turn out exactly how I wanted it to.
10. There’s nothing as precious as memories
My career has given me so many fantastic memories. One of my best was singing Flower of Scotland before the national team played Spain at Hampden Park. The atmosphere was incredible. I was so nervous but managed to pull through.
That night inspired the track Pride on my third album. That night is now the most watched performance of Flower of Scotland of all time on YouTube. I’m very proud of that.

Back to top Go down
R.E.M.O.
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: All articles published in the press   10/28/2014, 7:58 pm

DJFanch29 wrote:
Thanks R.E.M.O !

But in english it's better ! scratch Very Happy

Indeed, but I didn't like auto translator (like google). My idea was to translate it manually, but you're very fast (thanks for that). And for all german speaking people it's great to read it in original language.

Cheers,
R.E.M.O.

Oh sorry ...I've not the time to do it manually but I can delete if you want ! Wink

Real.Entertainment.Music.Orgasm.

Last edited by R.E.M.O. on 11/30/2014, 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DJFanch29
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: All articles published in the press   10/28/2014, 7:51 pm

Thanks R.E.M.O !

But in english it's better ! scratch Very Happy

"bz Basel a écrit:
     The Scottish songwriter entranced with her girlish charm to her concert at the Avo Session Basel viewers. Amy Macdonald even managed to bring the Basler in sing-along fun.

Citation:
      Leif Simonsen

Six years ago, Amy Macdonald was last in Basel as a guest. At that time, the Scot rode straight to their first wave of success, their debut album "This Is The Life" (2007) held over two years in the Swiss charts. For Switzerland, the British because a special relationship, because nowhere else in the world it is so successful. For comparison: In the United States it brought Amy Macdonald with this country acclaimed album just in the first 100. As Macdonald on Sunday evening at the Avo Session Basel in Hall took the stage, brought them anyway not the best memories with her ​​last appearance on Rheinknie. "At that time, nor any cigar manufacturers main sponsor, and every time I inhaled, came with a mouthful of smoke," she said. It was even nicer to be back when the smoke no longer rises to her in the nose.
     To resist the girlish charm of the 27-year-old Scot: impossible. So there were also more likely Macdonald presented with a broad accent dirty jokes and anecdotes, which took out the audience behind the stove or the champagne glasses in the exhibition hall. Musically, there should be no surprises: Macdonald warbled their hits, from "4th of July", a single from the new album "Life in a Beautiful Light". It sounds like this: "And it goes on quietly, like the 4th of July, and my heart beats silently, like you're by my side. And I dream of the day when you finish'll be mine "Yes, Amy Macdonald writes her lyrics in contrast to many other stars themselves. - Which is not always opens in profundity. The setlist can the fans back in the exhibition hall without desires. "Mr. Rock 'n' Roll, "one of the hardest rocking songs in their trophy case, breaks down after about a quarter of an hour the ice. So that the Basel are even sing-along fun. To "Slow It Down" brings Amy Macdonald at least half to sing the simple refrain, "down, down, down, dodododown". The other half, so juxte the singer, had to pay tribute. "You can sing without opening his mouth. Not bad! "
     Normally, a pajama day
     Their biggest ever hit reserved the Macdonald for last. "This Is The Life", the song with which she became the only 20-year-old breakthrough. And one she had played according to own data already tens of thousands of times - "no trace of nervousness." For Macdonald himself therefore the addition was much more nerve-wracking. With "Prepare to Fall" she ventured as adding a song she has hardly ever played. He is more melancholic and therefore is only accompanied on acoustic guitar.
     Before Amy Macdonald adopted the audience finally after a little under a half hour, then allowed their band members put their skills on display. One last wall with electric guitar and drum solo built on, just so loud that it was beneficial for the graying audience. Macdonald could not complain about the mood. Finally was Sunday, and it was a day on which she herself was most like in pajamas go. Was all the more gratifying, therefore, that the 1550 spectators filled the hall completely."

Back to top Go down
R.E.M.O.
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: bz Basel about "Storyteller - Baloise Session 26-10-2014"   10/28/2014, 7:46 pm

bz Basel wrote:
Die schottische Songwriterin verzückt mit ihrem mädchenhaften Charme an ihrem Konzert bei der Baloise Session die Zuschauer. Amy Macdonald schaffte es sogar, die Basler in Mitsing-Laune zu bringen. von Leif Simonsen

Vor sechs Jahren war Amy Macdonald zuletzt in Basel zu Gast. Damals ritt die Schottin gerade auf ihrer ersten Erfolgswelle, ihr Debütalbum «This Is The Life» (2007) hielt sich über zwei Jahre in den Schweizer Charts. Zur Schweiz hat die Britin denn auch ein spezielles Verhältnis, denn nirgends sonst auf der Welt ist sie derart erfolgreich. Zum Vergleich: In den Vereinigten Staaten brachte es Amy Macdonald mit dem hierzulande bejubelten Album knapp in die ersten 100. Als Macdonald am Sonntagabend bei der Baloise Session in der Messehalle die Bühne betrat, brachte sie trotzdem nicht die besten Erinnerungen mit an ihren letzten Auftritt am Rheinknie. «Damals war noch irgendein Zigarrenhersteller Hauptsponsor, und jedes Mal, wenn ich einatmete, kam ein Schluck Rauch mit», sagte sie. Umso schöner sei es, wieder zurück zu sein, wenn der Rauch ihr nicht mehr in die Nase steigt.
Dem mädchenhaften Charme der 27-jährigen Schottin zu widerstehen: unmöglich. So waren es auch eher Macdonalds mit breitem Akzent vorgetragenen Zoten und Anekdoten, welche das Publikum hinter dem Ofen beziehungsweise den Champagnergläsern in der Messehalle hervorholte. Musikalisch sollte es keine Überraschungen geben: Macdonald trällerte ihre Hits, angefangen von «4th of July», einer Singleauskopplung des neuen Albums «Life in a Beautiful Light». Das klingt dann so: «And it still goes on, like the 4th of July, and my heart still beats, like you’re by my side. And I dream of the day when you’ll be mine.» Ja, Amy Macdonald schreibt ihre Texte im Gegensatz zu vielen anderen Stars selbst – was nicht immer in Tiefgründigkeit mündet. Die Setlist lässt die Fans in der Messehalle ohne Wünsche zurück. «Mr. Rock 'n' Roll», einer der rockigsten Songs in ihrem Palmarès, bricht nach rund einer Viertelstunde das Eis. So, dass die Basler sogar in Mitsing-Laune sind. Zu «Slow It Down» bringt Amy Macdonald zumindest die Hälfte dazu, den simplen Refrain «down, down, down, dodododown» mitzusingen. Der anderen Hälfte, so juxte die Sängerin, sei Respekt zu zollen. «Ihr könnt singen, ohne den Mund zu öffnen. Nicht schlecht!»
Normalerweise ein Pyjama-Tag
Ihren bisher grössten Hit behielt sich Macdonald für den Schluss auf. «This Is The Life», der Song, mit dem ihr als gerade mal 20-Jährige der Durchbruch gelang. Und einer, den sie gemäss eigenen Angaben schon Zehntausende Male gespielt hatte – «von Nervosität keine Spur». Für Macdonald selbst war daher die Zugabe viel nervenaufreibender. Mit «Prepare to Fall» wagte sie als Zugabe einen Song, den sie bisher kaum je gespielt hat. Er kommt etwas melancholischer daher und wird lediglich auf der akustischen Gitarre begleitet.
Bevor Amy Macdonald das Publikum schliesslich nach etwas unter eineinhalb Stunden verabschiedete, durften dann auch ihre Bandmitglieder ihr Können zur Schau stellen. Noch eine letzte Wand mit Stromgitarre und Schlagzeugsolo baute sich auf, gerade so laut, dass es für das angegraute Publikum bekömmlich war. Über die Stimmung konnte sich Macdonald nicht beschweren. Schliesslich sei Sonntag, und das sei ein Tag, an dem sie selber am liebsten im Pyjama unterwegs sei. Umso erfreulicher sei daher, dass die 1550 Zuschauer die Messehalle restlos füllten.
(bz Basel)

Cheers,
R.E.M.O.

Real.Entertainment.Music.Orgasm.
Back to top Go down
DJFanch29
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: All articles published in the press   9/7/2014, 5:48 pm

A chat with Amy Macdonald
Issue 2, Jun 2013
At the age of 25, Amy Macdonald has already experienced eight years of fame as a singer songwriter. She's sold over four million albums, has countless awards to her name and is an established success across the UK and Europe. We caught up with Amy to talk about her roots, her creativity, her excitement about appearing on Top Gear, and her upcoming performance at the Wickerman Festival. For all her travels and forays into the celebrity world, it's clear she loves being at home in Scotland.
MiS: When you were growing up in Bishopbriggs, were you from a particularly creative or arty family?
Amy: No, not at all. My mum was an accountant and my dad was a surveyor so not particularly musical. My mum and dad liked music and my dad occasionally played the guitar but it was never something that was a big part of my life growing up. I started to get into music more when I was about 12 or 13; I discovered a lot of bands and that's how I got into playing the guitar - I wanted to play along with my favourite songs.
MiS: Is your writing process different when you're on a tour bus abroad or when you're cosied up in bed in Glasgow? Do you have a favourite place or space to write?
Amy: I only write when I'm at home and when I have time off. Right now I've got this week off but I like to have an extended period so it's not too rushed. I would never write while I'm touring because it's the same environment - all venues look the same no matter where you are in the world, the tour bus looks the same, the airports look the same so you never actually get to see anything around you apart from that. I mean it's just not inspiring for me. I have to wait until I'm home so I never write until I have a bit of time to myself.

MiS: You said you felt your second album felt rushed but your third album felt more organic and flowed more naturally because you had time to really focus on it.
Amy: Yeah totally, it felt much more easy and much more like a natural thing rather than writing because you felt you had to.
MiS: Your passion for Scotland and your love of Scottish football is evident in some of your songs on your latest album 'Life in a Beautiful Light'. How did experiences like singing the national anthem at Hampden work their way into your records? What motivates you to write about them?
Amy: I'm just a very, very emotional person and I get moved very easily. For example, the song 'Pride': after singing the anthem at the game against Spain, I was so emotional, so moved and so honoured to be there and so honoured to sing. I was completely buzzing for the rest of the night and I had all these amazing thoughts and feelings and memories running through my head that when I sat down with my guitar it all just came pouring out and that's where the song came from. So I think it helps when you're quite emotional. I'd probably say I'm over-emotional but I'm not complaining because I think it's really good for writing songs!
MiS: After a long tour, what do you look forward to most about touching down in Glasgow? Are there certain areas or places you like to go to right away?
Amy: I'm usually itching to do nothing, if I'm honest! You spend all this time travelling and working your ass off, basically. It's great to get home, put the telly on and do nothing. But then when I've had a few days, I look forward to seeing my friends. We always have a lot of fun. We like doing pub quizzes, going out and about and doing anything, usually round about Glasgow. That really makes me feel at home and makes me feel relaxed again.
MiS: Do you have favourite local pubs, cafes or restaurants in Glasgow? Do you tend to stick to the same ones?
Amy: My friends and I like to go to the Black Sparrow at Charing Cross. We always feel very relaxed in there. It's always quite a nice night. There are loads of cool places. I really like to go to Cafe Gandolfi in Merchant City. It's very easy in there and I always feel I can chill out and enjoy the food so that's where I really like to go.
MiS: Is there a particular part of Scotland that's special to you? Somewhere linked to your childhood or a special town you like to visit with your friends or family?
Amy: When I was younger, my mum and dad had a caravan and we would always traipse all over Scotland, I always liked going to Pitlochry. My dad's caravan is now up in Braemar and he goes there most weekends so those kind of places have always got memories for me.

MiS: What's your favourite thing about Scotland?
Amy: Probably just the people. I think Scottish people are very friendly and when I have people up visiting they always comment on how friendly everyone is and how everyone wants to talk to you. I think that's a really good quality that we have up here.
MiS: You're headlining the Wickerman Festival in Dumfries and Galloway on 27th July.
Amy: Yeah, this is my first time. It's always nice to get to new festivals and see what they're about, especially when they're in your home country. It's always a good feeling so I'm really looking forward to that. Especially when it's festivals up here, it's really easy for my friends and family to get there as well so it always has a nice vibe about it when I play at home.
I do the majority of my gigs across Europe and outside of the UK so they don't get to come that often; when there's a gig at home in Scotland it aways makes a big difference.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]MiS: Your musical career was inspired greatly by the Scottish festival scene. Are you still able to go to festivals and enjoy them as a fan these days or is that too difficult now?
Amy: It's not too difficult. I can easily slot into the background anywhere but it's difficult watching shows now (especially festivals) when all you think about is how everything is run. That's a real downside of having spent so long doing your own gigs – I find it hard and start thinking “oh that should be louder, the sound isn't right.” All my friends hate going to gigs with me because I critique everything!
It's not as enjoyable I have to say going to a show any more unless it's something amazing like Bruce Springsteen or someone like that. I think when you've done the whole festival thing from the other side, it's hard to go back and enjoy it as a punter because you do get treated very well as a performer!
MiS: Which emerging Scottish artists have caught your eye lately? Are you listening to anybody in particular at the moment?
Amy: Has anybody come out of Scotland recently? It's hard to find new music these days because the radio stations are so reluctant to play it. You kind of just get bombarded with one type of music. I never really listen to that many new bands because I can't really find them. I mean the album I'm listening to right now quite a lot is the new album by Noah and the Whale. I didn't actually even know that it was out and that just makes me sad because they're such a great band that they should be everywhere. I think it's much harder for new music to come through just now and a bit harder to find it cos the radio stations don't really support it as much.
MiS: Do you feel any of that is due to reality TV clogging up the music industry or have things just changed due to the digital era?
Amy: I think it's a bit of everything; sometimes it can be a bit more throwaway. I think right now the stations are going through an incredibly pop and R'n'B phase and if you don't fit into that then you don't get played. I think that's really bad. It should be diverse and there should be space for everyone and you should be able to hear all sorts of music on the radio.
MiS: Finally, you've recently had this incredible experience of test driving a £2m sports car (Bugatti Veyron) that I'm not even going to try to pronounce. And earlier in the year you talked about your long standing love affair with fast cars on Top Gear. That must have been a bit of a fantasy come true.
Amy: It was absolutely brilliant. It was something I had wanted to do for so long and when we got the call saying Top Gear want you to come on it was just one of those amazing things. Everyone there was so lovely. I got on incredibly well with Jeremy Clarkson and it was just such a great experience. Everyone was just a good laugh and everyone who worked on the show was saying to me it was so nice to have somebody here that actually was desperate to be here because it's usually just people promoting something whereas I was just there cos I was desperate to go on the show. It was an amazing experience, something that I felt so privileged to be able to do because so many people want to do it.
I was ninth overall which was the fastest female they've ever had but annoyingly I had beaten Tom Cruise's time on the day but it was during one of the practice laps so it didn't count. I was even higher up the board than I ended up.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Amy's latest album [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is available now. Amy will play at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 2013 and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on the 27th. She's kindly given us a pair of Wickerman tickets to give away. Visit our [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to be in with a chance of winning.
Interview by Emma Allen
Words by Julie Broadfoot
Twitter: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PHOTO CREDITS:
Live photos taken at Offenbach - Stadhalle: Copyright of Stefan Duerr [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Photo of Amy with mountain backdrop: Copyright of Natalie Arnett
All other photos: Permission from Mercury Records Ltd.

Comments: 1 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

<3 Amy
Lovely girl... <3

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]